Last year, the week before Christmas my teams and I looked back on the past year (using the Team Christmas Table game). During this team session we used the below list of questions. The questions were formulated for end-of-year reflection, but you can use them with your team to look back on any given time frame.
You can use the online dice tool to pick random questions (create 7 dices with 6 sides).
Questions for Team Reflection
1. What did you really enjoy?
2. What of last year makes you proud?
3. What are you thankful for?
4. What disappointed you?
5. What frustrated you?
6. In what moments did you experience resistance?
7. Which team member do you admire the most for something they did last year?
8. Which team member would you like to thank for something they did last year?
9. What was a cringing moment?
10. What have we learned from our mistakes?
11. What have we done too little?
12. What have we done too much?
13. Show us your home office!
14. If you could make the perfect home office, what would it look like?
15. Which part of working from home do you like the most?
16. When did you experience stress last year?
17. Which risks did we take?
18. Which opportunities did we seize?
19. Which opportunities should we have seized?
20. What impact did we make outside of the team?
21. What was a painful event for you?
22. With which other teams did we work well together?
23. What would you have wanted differently last year?
24. What was the funniest moment with the team last year?
25. What should we have paid more attention to?
26. Whom did we say goodbye to?
27. On what occasions did we go outside of our comfort zone?
28. How did the changes in team composition influence the team?
29. What have you learned last year?
30. What is the friendliest thing a team member did for you last year?
31. What talent have you developed last year?
32. What did we forget?
33. How did we improve our way of working last year?
34. How was the collaboration with stakeholders?
35. Which team improvement we implemented last year helped the team the most?
36. On what occasion did you feel really safe in the team?
37. What held the team back last year?
38. How open and transparent was the team last year?
39. How would you characterize the team?
40. What was the biggest strength of the team last year?
41. What was a moment of weakness?
42. If the team were a sports team, what kind of sports team would it be?